Dune the movie

news and stuff
Red

Dune the movie

Post by Red »

They made a new Dune movie, its actually pretty good.
Witch Hunt

Re: Dune the movie

Post by Witch Hunt »

Red wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:04 pm They made a new Dune movie, its actually pretty good.
To be honest, not a fan of Mamoa or Brolin, the gender swap for Kynes or another role ruined by that pin head Bautista......But the director is first rate. If you didn't see them, watch "Sicario", "Bladerunner" or "Enemy"

I am gonna see it but in a theater because I like the feeling of a big screen movie, something that fills up he entire screen. Plus I love movie theater popcorn.

But I am not expecting much
Red

Re: Dune the movie

Post by Red »

I was expecting absolute crap but was surprised. They did have to ditch some parts but you would have to in order to make a movie about it. If they followed the book it would have to be 10 4 hour movies with most of it being narration.
It was a solid movie adaptation, trust me. You may actually like it because they don't go too deep with any of those characters you mentioned. Mamoa has a few scenes before he dies and brolin has even less. Bautista is just kinda there but i think they are doing more of him in the next one. They dropped the harkonen being gay thing but i think that is just because you cant have a gay (or any protexted class) person be anything but perfect. That is why Captain Marvel was so boring