Bad news for America

news and stuff
Witch Hunt

Bad news for America

Post by Witch Hunt »

New York City to End ‘Racially Segregated’ Gifted Programs

New York City to End ‘Racially Segregated’ Gifted Programs
Mayor Bill de Blasio (D) has decided to end New York City’s school programs that meet the educational needs of intellectually gifted students, a move the New York Times calls his “most significant act in the waning months of his tenure.”

Bright students currently enrolled in the gifted and talented program will not be affected, but the Times reported Friday “the highly selective and racially segregated program will be replaced for incoming students.”

According to the report:

The gradual elimination of the existing program will remove a major component of what many consider to be the city’s two-tiered education system, in which one relatively small, largely white and Asian American group of students gain access to the highest-performing schools, while many Black and Latino children remain in schools that are struggling.

“About 75 percent of the roughly 16,000 students in gifted elementary school classes in New York are white or Asian American,” the Times added. Those groups make up about 25 percent of the overall school system.”

The New York Post reported Friday as well the gifted program will be replaced by Brilliant NYC, a program for students aged eight and older, who will reportedly experience some accelerated learning while remaining in their classrooms.

“Brilliant NYC will deliver accelerated instruction for tens of thousands of children, as opposed to a select few,” de Blasio said.

“Every New York City child deserves to reach their full potential, and this new, equitable model gives them that chance,” he added.

As the new class of kindergartners enters the school system, the city states the new model will offer accelerated learning to “all 65,000 city kindergartners,” reported the Post.

“All 4,000 Kindergarten teachers will need extra training in preparation, and the city will hire additional teachers trained in accelerated learning in areas with historically little to no gifted and talented programming,” the report added, noting the Brilliant NYC plan will “focus on real-world skills, with subjects such as coding, robotics and even community advocacy.”

“As a life-long educator, I know every child in New York City has talents that go far beyond what a single test can capture and the Brilliant NYC plan will uncover their strengths so they can succeed,” said Schools Chancellor Meisha Porter.
However, Sam Pirozzolo, former president of the Staten island Communication Education Council whose two children came through Gifted and Talented programs, said the plan is “disheartening.”

“Tens of thousands of families are leaving the public schools because the education being taught sucks,” he said. “Eliminating the gifted and talented program is another brick in the wall insulting parents. It’s the political stuff going on. It’s Critical Race Theory.”

New York State Sen. John Liu (D) tweeted the gifted programs “have been an integral option for generations of schoolkids.”

The lawmaker added de Blasio “promised intensive public engagement about it but now wants total elimination. This won’t help his abysmal record. If anything, his legacy will be revocation of mayoral control.”
MORE @ the Link
Red

Re: Bad news for America

Post by Red »

Honestly this is probably to cover the fact that the bar for "gifted" had been lowered so much that it does not mean anything anymore.
I remember the GATE program in school, i didn't like it because it was pretty much all girls and mostly math.
Witch Hunt

Post by Witch Hunt »

Yeah, I get that point of view, Red. Here's the thing, no matter how you try to even the paying field, the best will always out-perform the rest. Moves like this only prove the pre-conceived notions about those that do not do well.

It re-affirms biases.
Red

Post by Red »

Witch Hunt wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:54 pm Yeah, I get that point of view, Red. Here's the thing, no matter how you try to even the paying field, the best will always out-perform the rest. Moves like this only prove the pre-conceived notions about those that do not do well.

It re-affirms biases.
Its bad either way and i think the GATE thing was doomed from the get go. The issue is that it's not really enough, they need to just separate the kids into different classes. High performing ones, regular and below average. The system as is holds the high performing kids back and is too far out of reach for the regular kids so everyone loses.
But this whole idea of everyone being equal will destroy our society and im not exaggerating, it will literally destroy us. I believe all this nonsense started under bush with "no child left behind" i could be wrong on that but that is the first thing that i remember hearing about.
Notice you never hear this equality and diversity crap applied to college sports. you will never see "we are cancelling this year's football activities because it does not have enough trans and white people".
Witch Hunt

Post by Witch Hunt »

Red wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:07 pm
Witch Hunt wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:54 pm Yeah, I get that point of view, Red. Here's the thing, no matter how you try to even the paying field, the best will always out-perform the rest. Moves like this only prove the pre-conceived notions about those that do not do well.

It re-affirms biases.
Its bad either way and i think the GATE thing was doomed from the get go. The issue is that it's not really enough, they need to just separate the kids into different classes. High performing ones, regular and below average. The system as is holds the high performing kids back and is too far out of reach for the regular kids so everyone loses.
But this whole idea of everyone being equal will destroy our society and im not exaggerating, it will literally destroy us. I believe all this nonsense started under bush with "no child left behind" i could be wrong on that but that is the first thing that i remember hearing about.
Notice you never hear this equality and diversity crap applied to college sports. you will never see "we are cancelling this year's football activities because it does not have enough trans and white people".
I agree, 100%. But it is worse than you know. Imagine a number. That number is the total number of high school GRADUATES produced in America in one year. Now multiply that number by 2 or three. And now you have the number of HONOR graduates China produces every year. (And India is not that far behind China) Think about that! Think about that devastating deficit in total raw brain power.

We are not losing...we have already lost
Red

Post by Red »

Witch Hunt wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:47 pm

We are not losing...we have already lost
That part wasn't up for debate. All we had going for us was our culture, it would make these people want to come here but they destroyed that too. Notice the 90s and early 00s were filled with tons of great movies? Now they water everything down to please china while adding woke stuff that nobody here wats to see.
It was funny, i was watching that godzilla vs kong, i couldn't sit through the whole thing but i noticed something kinda weird. There were scenes where they are flying this little gravity car thing around and it hit me, they made this part of the movie just so they could market a ride at universal studios. They don't even care about making good movies anymore, its all about overseas markets and can they also sell toys. Ever notice we have tons of movies about viet nam, ww2 and iraq but almost nothing about the korean war or armenian genocide?
They will run this country into the ground so even the foreign talent wont want to come here.
Witch Hunt

Post by Witch Hunt »

And that is how you lose a billion dollars on a Star Wars movie.
grimsianabeech

Post by grimsianabeech »

The talent foR rEALLY GOod ART, music, AND EnteRTainmeNT IS HERE. iT'S JUST BEING SQUANDERED AND PURPOSELY SNUFFED OUT. THE TERM "starving aRTIST" gaiNS A whOLE new dIMENsION OF MEANING IN THESE TIMES. We'rE nOt jUST STARVED OF food OR incomE OR OPPORTUNITY for FLOUrishinG. wE'RE STARVED oF THE will to cREaTE In The first plaCe. WE're IsolateD from thOSE WHO WOULD HEAR US anD Appreciate Us AND JOIN us in our creation. We're beinG psychologically and spiritually cONDITIONED TO destroy our own souLs anD PReFErrABLy tAKE our own LIVeS.

EVeRYonE MUST obey the ONE tHing or THEY WILL BE destroyed. YET... the one tHING IS THE ONE THINg that wILL iNevitably destroy everyoNE IN boTH BODY AND SOUL, AND IT LEADS TO HELL.

YOU CAN DENY THAT HELL EVEN EXISTS ALL YOU WANT... BUT YOU CAN'T DENY ANYMORE THAT IT SEEMS LIKE MOST PEOPLE HAVE REVEALED THEMSELVES TO BE WHOLLY DESERVING OF SUCH A PLACE, NO MATTER HOW "GOOD" THEY SEEM TO BE.
grimsianabeech

Post by grimsianabeech »

THE VAST MAJORITY OF PEOPLE DON'T HAVE A TRULY CREATIVE BONE IN THEIR BODY.

THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND THE TRUE ARTISTIC SPIRIT. THEY'VE TAKEN IT FOR GRANTED FOR SO LONG THAT MAINSTREAM CULTURE WOULD JUST FEED THEM ART AS THOUGH IT MANIFESTED FROM SOMEWHERE ON HIGH AND WAS GIFTED DOWN TO THEM BY THE GODS OF THE ECONOMY.

THEY DIDN'T KNOW... OR MORE LIKELY THEY DIDN'T CARE... THAT ARTISTS WERE THEIR NEIGHBORS, THEIR CO-WORKERS, THEIR FRIENDS, THEIR FAMILIES, THE STRANGERS THAT THEY PASS ON THE STREET OR IN THE GROCERY STORE, THE PEOPLE THEY POLITELY SAY HELLO TO EVERY DAY.

PERHAPS THIS IS ALL FITTING. I CAN'T HELP BUT SEE THE HAND OF GOD IN ALL OF THIS. WHY GENERATE QUALITY WORKS OF THE DEPTH OF OUR SPIRIT WHEN PEOPLE WILL JUST MAKE MERCHANDISE OUT OF YOU AND CONSUME ALL THAT YOU ARE LIKE IT'S FAST FOOD?

DON'T GIVE THAT WHICH IS HOLY TO THE DOGS, LEST THEY TRAMPLE IT UNDER FOOT, AND THEN TURN TO TEAR YOU IN PIECES.

DON'T BELIEVE IT? LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED TO KURT COBAIN AND COUNTLESS OTHERS. USED, ABUSED, BROKEN, ISOLATED, AND THEN DRIVEN TO AN EARLY DEMISE... ALL BECAUSE WE JUST WANTED TO EAT THEIR SPIRIT LIKE A BIG MACH AND FRENCH FIES. YOU KNOW THAT GREAT MASTERPIECE THEY HAD SPENT YEARS CONCEIVING AND YEARS REFINING AND MONTHS TURNING INTO A FINISHED WORK? WELL, YOU COULD WALK INTO A K-MART AND BUY IT FOR 10 BUCKS, LISTEN TO IT LIKE EAR CANDY UNTIL THE FAD WORE OUT, AND THEN TOSS IT ASIDE FOR THE NEXT FAD THAT COMES ALONG AND TICKLES YOUR GONADS...

AS PAINFUL AS THIS IS FOR ME... NOT TO CREATE... NOT TO BE ABLE TO FINISH A PROJECT AND GIVE IT TO THE MASSES WHO ARE STARVING IN THE MIDST OF PLENTY... TO SUFFER HUMILIATION AND DEGRADATION DOING MENIAL TASKS UNDER THE EMPLOY OF BRAINLESS PIGDOG TASKMASTERS WHO WILL DIE AND ROT LIKE THE SOULESS ANIMALS THEY HAVE DECIDED TO BE...

I SEE THE WISDOM IN THIS SUFFERING. PEOPLE SEEM TO ONLY APPRECIATE HAVING THINGS ONCE THEY'VE BEEN TAKEN AWAY. I'M SUE THE MAJORITY WILL STILL GO ON BEHAVING LIKE CATTLE NO MATTER WHAT YOU GIVE OR TAKE FROM THEM, But MAYBE JUST ENOUGH WILL BE STARTLED AWAY BY THAT EMPTINESS THEY FEEL SUDDENLY WHEN WAKING UP ONE DAY AND REALIZING THAT SOMEHOW EVERYTHING GOOD HAS BEEN REPLACED BY A GENERIC LOVELESS COUNTERFEIT MADE IN A FACTORY IN CHINA. MAYBE THEY'LL JUST WAKE UP AND EVERYWHERE WILL BE CHINA.

STOP THE ASIAN HATE!!! WE ALL GUNNA BE ASIAN SOON!!!
Witch Hunt

Post by Witch Hunt »

grimsianabeech wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:11 am THE VAST MAJORITY OF PEOPLE DON'T HAVE A TRULY CREATIVE BONE IN THEIR BODY.

THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND THE TRUE ARTISTIC SPIRIT.
I agree with that to a small degree. However, I believe that most people are creative to some degree. They may just lack confidence and or drive.
grimsianabeech wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:11 amPERHAPS THIS IS ALL FITTING. I CAN'T HELP BUT SEE THE HAND OF GOD IN ALL OF THIS. WHY GENERATE QUALITY WORKS OF THE DEPTH OF OUR SPIRIT WHEN PEOPLE WILL JUST MAKE MERCHANDISE OUT OF YOU AND CONSUME ALL THAT YOU ARE LIKE IT'S FAST FOOD?

DON'T GIVE THAT WHICH IS HOLY TO THE DOGS, LEST THEY TRAMPLE IT UNDER FOOT, AND THEN TURN TO TEAR YOU IN PIECES.

DON'T BELIEVE IT? LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED TO KURT COBAIN AND COUNTLESS OTHERS. USED, ABUSED, BROKEN, ISOLATED, AND THEN DRIVEN TO AN EARLY DEMISE... ALL BECAUSE WE JUST WANTED TO EAT THEIR SPIRIT LIKE A BIG MACH AND FRENCH FIES. YOU KNOW THAT GREAT MASTERPIECE THEY HAD SPENT YEARS CONCEIVING AND YEARS REFINING AND MONTHS TURNING INTO A FINISHED WORK? WELL, YOU COULD WALK INTO A K-MART AND BUY IT FOR 10 BUCKS, LISTEN TO IT LIKE EAR CANDY UNTIL THE FAD WORE OUT, AND THEN TOSS IT ASIDE FOR THE NEXT FAD THAT COMES ALONG AND TICKLES YOUR GONADS...

AS PAINFUL AS THIS IS FOR ME... NOT TO CREATE... NOT TO BE ABLE TO FINISH A PROJECT AND GIVE IT TO THE MASSES WHO ARE STARVING IN THE MIDST OF PLENTY... TO SUFFER HUMILIATION AND DEGRADATION DOING MENIAL TASKS UNDER THE EMPLOY OF BRAINLESS PIGDOG TASKMASTERS WHO WILL DIE AND ROT LIKE THE SOULESS ANIMALS THEY HAVE DECIDED TO BE...

I SEE THE WISDOM IN THIS SUFFERING. PEOPLE SEEM TO ONLY APPRECIATE HAVING THINGS ONCE THEY'VE BEEN TAKEN AWAY. I'M SUE THE MAJORITY WILL STILL GO ON BEHAVING LIKE CATTLE NO MATTER WHAT YOU GIVE OR TAKE FROM THEM, But MAYBE JUST ENOUGH WILL BE STARTLED AWAY BY THAT EMPTINESS THEY FEEL SUDDENLY WHEN WAKING UP ONE DAY AND REALIZING THAT SOMEHOW EVERYTHING GOOD HAS BEEN REPLACED BY A GENERIC LOVELESS COUNTERFEIT MADE IN A FACTORY IN CHINA. MAYBE THEY'LL JUST WAKE UP AND EVERYWHERE WILL BE CHINA.

STOP THE ASIAN HATE!!! WE ALL GUNNA BE ASIAN SOON!!!
Are you conflating creativity and genius?