What do you do for Privacy?

Anything related to technology, past present of future.
pack3tg0st
Site Admin

What do you do for Privacy?

Post by pack3tg0st »

Can't have the Technology forum sitting empty...

What sort of stuff are you using to maintain online privacy these days? I've been using Brave as a browser, and its pretty awesome, insta-kills ads and tracking cookies. Plus has the ability to 'open a new tor tab', so its got a built in tor browser.

I also have a couple year's subscription to nordvpn... went with them because they're based out of Panama, and outside of US Jurisdiction.

Now that its sort of suspicious to NOT have social media accounts, I have re-enabled my facebook, but literally only post stupid pictures or memes. I also don't have the facebook app on my phone, since it basically tracks you everywhere. (Yah, I know the phone tracks everything all the time too, I just haven't had the time to put a custom OS on it yet).

Everyone still privacy conscious, or are you just kinda saying 'screw it'? Privacy is a LOT harder now than it was 10 years ago :-\
AnArch

Re: What do you do for Privacy?

Post by AnArch »

Oh i gave up on privacy long ago after the original unrevised Snowden leaks.

Facebook keeps a profile in me whether im apart of it or not.

Google wants to know everything...

Maaaaan fuck you, ill throw it on the ground. I ain't married to my account. This phone can eat dicks. I dont care! Privacy is luxury even elites have trouble procuring these days.

Im comfortable being faceless in the crowd of infinite . Just keep your hat on and head down.
Red

Post by Red »

Moving over to Nord here pretty soon. I was using this OR browser which is just like brave but slowly turned into what reminded me of Netscape on a 56k. I also got anon surf which is nice.
But other than that i just don't put anything on FB that i really want to keep private.
People get weird about privacy online. It's like you can't post memes about big brother when you are "checking in" constantly and posting everything you eat.
its not "being watched" when you are putting it on display and you can't call it big brother when its your favorite feature. Not saying you as in you, more of a rhetorical you. I'll just say ewe for now on,
Miss Silver

Post by Miss Silver »

IBVPN but i received an e-mail stating that they sold to StrongVPN, so sad, been with them since the beginning :(
SOLCHIC

Post by SOLCHIC »

I keep my phone in a dark bag most of the time. They don't need to know if I'm 5 foot 11 inches away from the guy next to me. Nor do they need to know if I've been near someone who's tested false positive for the covid flu. They don't need to know when I'm hanging at a friends house.

Why do they need to know shit? Seriously?!
Red

Post by Red »

AnArch wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:43 am Oh i gave up on privacy long ago after the original unrevised Snowden leaks.

Facebook keeps a profile in me whether im apart of it or not.

Google wants to know everything...

Maaaaan fuck you, ill throw it on the ground. I ain't married to my account. This phone can eat dicks. I dont care! Privacy is luxury even elites have trouble procuring these days.

Im comfortable being faceless in the crowd of infinite . Just keep your hat on and head down.
Little_Nippy

Post by Little_Nippy »

I'm impressed!!!! Lol we got in Europe, this data security laws, etc high privacy, Facebook or Failbook, has been threatening EU to leave, but they can't, cuz they would loose to many users, other than that, I've given up, everyone wants to snoop around!!! 1984 anyone!?
Let it begin
Red

Post by Red »

Good rule is, don't put anything up online you don't want others to see and take reasonable precaution. Im always amazed when people rant about their data, privacy and "rights" when they are also constantly putting their info into the public digital space. Nobody is invading or stealing anything when you put EVERYTHING you do online.
grimsianabeech

Post by grimsianabeech »

Another good rule is that alcohol and social media don't mix well.
pack3tg0st
Site Admin

Post by pack3tg0st »

grimsianabeech wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:48 am Another good rule is that alcohol and social media don't mix well.
... hold my beer

:lol: