What do you do for Privacy?

Anything related to technology, past present of future.
Red

Re: What do you do for Privacy?

Post by Red »

Anon surf is pretty neat, been playing with that.
grimsianabeech

Post by grimsianabeech »

I have lots of repressed anger towards a lot of people who I knew as rotten scum who now as "adults" pretend to be good and responsible and wise.

Being a responsible adult seems to mean being a fucking lying apathetic piece of shit.

I forgive them... but that doesn't change the fact that their very ontological essence was born in a dying elephant's infected asshole.
Miss Silver

Post by Miss Silver »

Red wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:37 pm Moving over to Nord here pretty soon. I was using this OR browser which is just like brave but slowly turned into what reminded me of Netscape on a 56k. I also got anon surf which is nice.
But other than that i just don't put anything on FB that i really want to keep private.
People get weird about privacy online. It's like you can't post memes about big brother when you are "checking in" constantly and posting everything you eat.
its not "being watched" when you are putting it on display and you can't call it big brother when its your favorite feature. Not saying you as in you, more of a rhetorical you. I'll just say ewe for now on,
Nord is hacked a lot, plenty of cracking websites lists Nord's user accounts and passwords for the taking.
Witch Hunt

Post by Witch Hunt »

Truthfully, everything is hacked or gets hacked. Climbers always want to climb Everest.
Miss Silver

Post by Miss Silver »

Witch Hunt wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:28 am Truthfully, everything is hacked or gets hacked. Climbers always want to climb Everest.
You are right on the spot.

It is maybe because Nord is overhyped with tv ads. Decided to go with surfshark vpn since the accounts are mostly requested instead of having a 500 email/login account dumps on cracking sites.
Witch Hunt

Post by Witch Hunt »

Miss Silver wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:47 am
Witch Hunt wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:28 am Truthfully, everything is hacked or gets hacked. Climbers always want to climb Everest.
You are right on the spot.

It is maybe because Nord is overhyped with tv ads. Decided to go with surfshark vpn since the accounts are mostly requested instead of having a 500 email/login account dumps on cracking sites.
It kinda makes me wonder if the Cyber security companies are gaming the system a little. Maybe that they are making systems just secure enough to generate sales. Or that Intelligence services let these companies make things look like they are secure.
Miss Silver

Post by Miss Silver »

Cyber security really needs to be defined when it comes to what they offer as services. When it comes to VPN's the ones that have strict no logs policy are preferred to others, we need to take them at their words if it is truly a fact or a pitch sale.

Everything nowadays is connected to the net, bank accounts, health records, credit cards so it is out there for grabs. A major reason why i avoid what they call tap and pay on both credit and debit cards since it can be used without a security pin. But this beside the point since most banks already suffered security breaches and there is no way to know according to them which accounts were leaked so it really comes down to a game of russian roulette with your livelihood and identity since they take no responsibility whatsoever when your identity is stolen.

Also, toss in the mix sheer human stupidity and lack of knowledge when using wi-fi hotspots leaves them vulnerable to cyber attacks. This statement may sound harsh, yet to this day, it is a severe lack of knowledge for the common folks considering it is not yet part of the school system education curriculum so it is down right scary for the rest of the populace who needs to learn this from the few tv ads out there which circles back to Nord being hyped so much since they are the only one i've seen on the tube roll out publicity for their security product.

For those who believes in unnecessary salad topper, Equifax, Transunion Experian are there for more flavor, doesn't mean it will keep you healthy because they are the top of the cream. The junk are free credit checkers. regardless of which one you go with, the end result is always the same, they hold you liable for own identity theft.

Going on the net unprepared is like sending a tween in the jungle with a machete to fend for itself.
Witch Hunt

Post by Witch Hunt »

Miss Silver wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:45 pm
Also, toss in the mix sheer human stupidity and lack of knowledge

Red

Post by Red »

I cannot count the number of times i have seen people fall victim to phishing scams only to blame "hackers". It's like YO, its not some comp-sci 9000 level dark deep net hacker "busting in" your computer...you straight GAVE that dude your password.
Witch Hunt

Post by Witch Hunt »

Stupid people have stupid babies instead of abortions.